Champions League - Atzili scores twice, Juventus lose 2-0 to Maccabi Haifa

2022-10-12 11:00

Champions League - Atzili scores twice, Juventus lose 2-0 to Maccabi Haifa

In the fourth round of the Champions League Group H in the 2022/23 season, Juventus lost 0-2 away to Maccabi Haifa, and there is only a theoretical possibility of qualifying.

In the first half, Atzili scored twice and Di Maria left the field due to injury. In the second half, Juventus failed to score and eventually lost 0-2.

At the end of the game, Juventus scored only 3 points from 1 win and 3 losses, ranking third in Group H. Maccabi Haifa scored 3 points after winning the first Champions League in 20 years and ranked last with a goal difference.

first half

Maccabi Haifa's start was quite perfect: only 7 minutes after the opening, Cornud made a cross from the left and Atzili headed it 1-0. After 5 minutes, Cherry hit the crossbar with a free kick, and Juventus narrowly escaped.

Before that, the Israeli giants had a very threatening shot: Konud was still using a cross from the left to create a threat, but Szczesny blocked Pierrot's header.

In the 23rd minute, Di Maria was replaced by Milik due to a strained thigh, which once made Juventus' frontcourt offense lacking a tactical fulcrum. Maccabi Haifa, therefore, took the opportunity to expand the score before the half-time break: In the 42nd minute, Cornud intercepted the ball and handed it over to Pierrot to counterattack, and finally let Atzili push and score with Piero's assist. 2 to 0.

Juventus had a chance to pull back a goal in the 44th minute, but Vlahovic's header was blocked by Cohen, and Milik failed to hit the back foot.

second half

As soon as the second half of the game started, Allegri replaced Paredes with Locatelli, and Kostic replaced McKennie. Thirteen minutes later, he added Keane and Soule, replacing Danilo and Sandro.

The game scene has finally changed, but Juventus has never been able to score: Rugani and Vlahovic's headers were saved by Cohen, and Cuadrado's right-footed volley was rejected by Cohen. Maccabi Haifa finally maintained a 2-0 lead into the final game, winning the Champions League after a lapse of 20 years.