Paris Saint-Germain draws Benfica 1-1 at home, topping Group H on goal difference

2022-10-12 10:12

Paris Saint-Germain draws Benfica 1-1 at home, topping Group H on goal difference

In the fourth round of the 2022/23 Champions League Group H, Paris Saint-Germain drew 1-1 with Benfica at home, failing to win the third consecutive game.

Mbappe scored a penalty kick in the first half, and Paris Saint-Germain maintained the lead into the second half. In the 62nd minute, Benfica tied the score at 1-1 with a penalty kick from Joao Mario.

At the end of the game, Paris Saint-Germain ranked first in Group H with 2 wins, 2 draws, and 8 points, while Benfica ranked second with a difference of 1 goal.

first half

In the opening stage of the first half, Benfica performed well against Paris Saint-Germain and stifled the home team's offense by pressing many times. Paris Saint-Germain has been unable to pose a threat to Benfica because of Messi's absence. Until the 34th minute, Sarabia, who replaced Messi's starter, completed the first shot of the game with the assist of Neymar, which Vlachodimos easily saved.

Paris Saint-Germain finally broke the deadlock with a penalty kick: In the 38th minute, Verratti's direct pass caused Antonio Silva to foul Bernat in the penalty area, and Mbappe scored a penalty kick, 1 to 0.

second half

The Ligue 1 giants had a chance to consolidate their advantage in the 52nd minute, but Mbappe's excellent opportunity failed to shoot on target under the interference of Antonio Silva. 2 minutes later, Grimaldo, Rafa Silva, and Goncalo Ramos attacked the goal respectively, but none of them were hit.

In the 60th minute, Verratti hurriedly grabbed Rafa Silva and caused him to fall to the ground, and Benfica won a penalty kick. Joao Mario then tricked Donnarumma into a push from the near corner, 1-1.

In the next 30 minutes, neither Paris Saint-Germain nor Benfica achieved anything, and both sides seemed to be content with a draw. In the 86th minute, Mbappe scored a side hook but was invalid due to offside, and the game ended with 1 to 1.